Connecting distant families to allow direct charity to happen.
Feathers is charity, done in a new way.
With the use of technology, startup non-profit organization, Feathers, is revolutionizing the way people do charity. With Feathers, sponsors from all over the world and beneficiaries from a developing country can now be connected online in a virtual meeting, via a web conference. This virtual meeting enables donors and their sponsored family to learn more about each other — allowing natural human connection to occur during the process.
This innovative interaction between donors and beneficiaries is what makes Feathers truly unique. Sponsorship through Feathers does not only allow donors to help the less-fortunate, but also allows them to learn about other cultures, the spirit of giving, and a foreign land, all in one experience without leaving their own home or incurring any travel expenses.
Accurate English subtitled videos and an eloquent interpreter are always available at each virtual meeting to ensure a more meaningful engagement and experience between both parties.
How It Works
- FIND — The process starts with a Feathers Advocate whose job is to find a family in dire financial pain. On average, families that we have helped only earns a household income of $5.00 to $8.00 a week.
- CONNECT — The next step is to find a donor – you. Then Feathers will facilitate the virtual meeting. It is called a “Feathers Ceremony”. This usually lasts 30 to 45 minutes.
- 100% TRANSFER — After the Feathers Ceremony, we will facilitate the 100% transfer of donation directly to the Beneficiary family — no overhead or administrative fees. This is made possible by the contributions of Civicom and TeamSpan. These “Buy-it-Forward” companies deserve your support!
- UPDATE — The donor will receive bi-annual updates about their Beneficiary family via email. Optional follow-up virtual or in-person meetings can be scheduled upon donor’s request as well.
Why Sponsor a Family Through Feathers?
- • Innovative Human Connection — With Feathers, you’ll “meet” your Beneficiary family and they’ll meet you, through a virtual meeting. There, you’ll be able to spend about 20 minutes in a video session getting to know more about the family you support.
- • 100% Donation — Your $45.00 donation for 18 months will go directly to your Beneficiary family — 100%. No overhead or transaction fees. This $45.00 monthly assistance is given to them in cash via a cash card. This donation will already enable a less-fortunate family to improve their life. Check out the survey we’ve recently conducted to see how Feathers’ financial assistance program have impacted the lives of our Beneficiaries.
- • Stewardship — Employee volunteer stewards from Civicom and TeamSpan help us “cut the deck,” making sure each Beneficiary family we help is in fact worthy, and that promised donations are relayed in full.
Not Ready to Sponsor a Family Yet?
You can still help us achieve our mission to help the poorest of the poor through one-time or monthly individual or corporate donations.
With Feathers, technology is used to overcome obstacles of distance for a good cause. Call Feathers at +1-203-413-2425, schedule a Ceremony, and experience the new way of doing charity.
Feathers Project is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (Tax ID Number: 47-5431677). Your donation is tax-deductible as allowed by law.